(News & Editorial/ Whur ma EBT?)
A. The coming EBT riots: What will happen when government entitlements stop?
18 Nov 2012, Natural News, by Mike Adams
Pasted from: http://www.infowars.com/the-coming-ebt-riots-what-will-happen-when-government-entitlements-stop/
(NaturalNews) EBT cards are modern-day food stamps, except they’re electronic. In essence, they are government-issued debit cards that allow recipients to spend taxpayer money for their own groceries. But EBT cards aren’t merely good on food staples like beans and rice, they can be spent on processed junk food that promotes diabetes and obesity. That’s the “dirty little secret” of the EBT scheme: It encourages low-income Americans to become high-profit customers of the pharmaceutical industry by eating their way to obesity, diabetes, cancer and heart disease.
That’s why the food industry loves EBT cards, too: Most EBT users are low-education consumers who understand virtually nothing about nutrition. They tend to buy the most nutritionally-depleted processed foods available, and that equates to high-profit foods for the processed food industry. (The highest-profit foods are the ones with the least nutrition, it turns out.)
EBT stands for “Electronic Benefit Transfer,” and it means transferring money from the pockets of working taxpayers into the hands of those who, for one reason or another, are either not working at all or are living below the poverty requirements set by the government. This transference is done at gunpoint, essentially, through the enforcement of federal tax collection. EBT benefits have more than doubled during the Obama administration’s last four years, creating tens of millions of new dependents who now vote based almost entirely on who gives them the most handouts.
The purchase of vitamins is specifically prohibited by the EBT program. This is done as a way to keep EBT recipients sick and diseased while suffering from nutritional deficiencies, which is precisely what the federal government wants.
EBT cards are also a form of corporate welfare.
EBT cards create high-profit handouts to corporations, too: Pharmaceutical companies and the sick-care industry; Big Government which gets re-elected based on entitlement handouts; global banks which earn a percentage off every swipe; and even the processed junk food industry which preys upon nutritional ignorance of the poor.
In fact, for every dollar’s worth of food handed out to EBT recipients under the program, at least 50 cents is driven right into the profit coffers of wealthy corporations. That’s why EBT programs are allowed to exist: Not because they benefit the poor, but because they benefit the rich! Do you have any idea how much profit there is in a package of Oreo cookies?
The “EBT culture” of dependence, poverty and ignorance is perhaps best shown in the now-famous YouTube music video “My EBT”. There, a rapper brags about how he’s using taxpayer money to buy Oreos, chips, sandwiches, breakfast cereals, McDonald’s food and more. He sings about how he wishes he could use it to buy weed.
My EBT YouTube video
This article, however, isn’t about how welfare creates long-term dependence and poverty while destroying the dignity of many who come to depend on it. Rather, it’s about what’s going to happen when the EBT card system goes down and stays down.
EBT food stamp systems goes down for hours across multiple states
Yesterday [18 Nov 2012], the EBT card system, which is managed by JP Morgan Chase, suffered a six-hour outage across ten states.
Wal-Mart, one of the favorite destinations of EBT card users, proceeded to run transactions manually and then batched them into the JP Morgan Chase processing system once the system came back online. But elsewhere, stores were met with growing frustration from EBT card holders who were angry that their government money cards suddenly stopped working.
In this case, the EBT outage only lasted less than one day. But given that they are tied into a globalist bank which looks almost certain to fail once the global debt collapse unfolds, the question of the day is this: What’s going to happen when the bank running all the EBT transactions goes belly up?
What happens when the free EBT money stops?
Remember how Obama supporters threatened to riot in the streets if Romney won the recent presidential election? There’s a huge class of Americans who have become so dependent on the system of government handouts that they have no ability to survive any other way. These people will riot when the free money is cut off.
As Ron Paul explained in his recent farewell speech, the entitlements must sooner or later come to an end:
The wealth we see today is based on debt and a foolish willingness on the part of foreigners to take our dollars for goods and services. They then loan them back to us to perpetuate our debt system. It’s amazing that it has worked for this long but the impasse in Washington, in solving our problems indicate that many are starting to understand the seriousness of the world -wide debt crisis and the dangers we face. The longer this process continues the harsher the outcome will be.
Many are now acknowledging that a financial crisis looms but few understand it’s, in reality, a moral crisis. It’s the moral crisis that has allowed our liberties to be undermined and permits the exponential growth of illegal government power. Without a clear understanding of the nature of the crisis it will be difficult to prevent a steady march toward tyranny and the poverty that will accompany it.
EBT card users are almost universally incapable of understanding the complex economics Ron Paul is describing. All they understand is that their next meal comes from a piece of plastic that “counts as money” at the local corner store. They do not grasp the long-term vulnerability of that system and how it is tied into a global debt scheme whose days are numbered. Furthermore, EBT card users almost universally have no backup plan. They live meal by meal, with no financial safety net, no financial planning, and absolutely zero savings. In fact, having any real savings disqualifies you from receiving an EBT card, which is another way that Big Government actually encourages financial dependence among EBT card recipients.
The EBT false flag riots
Why is all this important to understand? Because on the day the EBT cards are shut off, there will be mass riots of EBT card recipients who are suddenly thrust into an emergency.
In fact, shutting off the EBT cards is actually one way to initiate a false flag event in America. It works like this:
1) Purposely shut off all EBT cards. (Takes just two seconds at JP Morgan.)
2) Blame it on a cyber terrorist attack and use the crisis to institute harsh new police state controls over the Internet. (“Never let a good crisis go to waste…”)
3) Allow the “EBT riots” to unfold. Keep the National Guard away for long enough to let things get out of control and have scary footage broadcast on the evening news.
4) Once things are bad enough, announce Martial Law and bring in the troops to turn America’s streets into a Nazi-style police state surveillance and enforcement system, complete with TSA-run checkpoints on all major roads.
What’s required to make this happen? Nothing more than turning off the EBT cards for 72 hours. That’s it! It’s just a single change to a single line of code at JP Morgan Chase, and it’s mission accomplished for the globalists.
Yesterday’s EBT outage, in fact, may have been a practice run for the real thing. When the globalists want riots to unfold, they now have the tool to make it happen.
Long term: All entitlements will be cut off or made worthless through currency debasement
The question of disappearing entitlements isn’t just an EBT card issue, by the way. The coming financial collapse of the U.S. government will end all entitlements, including social security, Medicare and federal workers’ retirement pension payments.
That’s the real kicker in all this: In a society where 50% or so are now largely dependent on the federal government for their very survival, the fact that the government is headed into a multi-trillion-dollar debt blowout should raise red alerts everywhere.
Obama has put the USA on a collision course with a debt implosion, adding more to the U.S. debt in the last four years than all the Presidents in the history of America — combined! And with government spending continuing to expand beyond all sanity, there is no stopping the coming debt blowout.
As you can see from the chart, we are now in a hyperbolic final blowout of debt that can only lead to a total economic implosion. Over the next four years, this chart will get even more insane as Obama spends trillions of dollars of money we don’t have, further accelerating America’s head-on collision with the financial apocalypse.
When that happens, all federal benefits immediately cease. If you thought the idea of tens of millions of angry EBT debt card users was bad, just consider what happens when all the former federal employees don’t get their pension funds anymore. Or if social security checks are eroded down to the point where they are essentially worthless. That’s when you’re going to see real social unrest across America, and that day is a finite number of weeks away. It will arrive as sure as the sun comes up, and when it does arrive, there’s going to be unprecedented chaos in the streets as all the suckers who lived their lives dependent on the federal government suddenly come to find out the whole thing was a Ponzi scheme.
Yep: A Ponzi scheme. The U.S. government is running the largest Ponzi scheme in the history of the world, and just like every Ponzi scheme that has ever existed, it will sooner or later collapse. When that day comes, you will want to make sure you have stored food, water, silver coins, ammo, emergency medicine and all the usual preparedness supplies.
And be prepared to defend your supplies from those who refused to prepare. Because if there’s one thing that EBT cards have taught tens of millions of America, it’s that “YOUR stuff belongs to THEM!”
[As long as the food stamp subsidies continue, be sure to flaunt the fact that you are living off the back of other’s labor, taking money from their pockets via government taxation and redistribution. Flaunt your largess loudly and proudly, because when the presses cease to function, either from an EMP or collapse of the currency, there will occur a great rebalance; come that day, a lots of folks might just smile at you and turn away. Until then however, you might find examples from the following article, beneficial to promoting your social style. :-) Mr. Larry]
.B. How to Make People Hate You When You Use Food Stamps (EBT Card)
2012, by Sunnyglitter
Pasted from: http://sunnyglitter.hubpages.com/hub/How-to-Make-People-Hate-You-When-You-Use-Food-Stamps-EBT-Card
There’s Nothing Wrong With Receiving Public Assistance. Are you embarrassed about having an EBT card in your wallet? You shouldn’t be. Unfortunately, even in this rough economy, there is still a bit of a stigma attached to receiving food stamps. How do I know this? I spent 2 years as a cashier at a local supermarket, and I have been (gasp!) a food stamp recipient myself. I’m notorious for being passive-aggressive, so I’m going to help you score a few extra dirty looks the next time you’re grocery shopping with your EBT card.
Ignore the haters, and enjoy shopping with your EBT Card.
- Dress for the occasion. Who says you have to look like a bum just because you’re receiving government assistance? Dress classy, dress trashy…dress however you want, as long as it looks like it didn’t come from Goodwill. Don’t forget to accessorize, preferably with some REAL bling-gold, silver (or better yet, platinum), and diamonds are where its at, baby
- It’s a common stereotype that people have a bunch of babies for the sole purpose of continuing to receive benefits. Don’t let the judgmental folks down; bring as many kids as you can with you! If you don’t have children, borrow some. Feel free to bribe them; candy bars are EBT-approved!
- Ramen Noodles are for poor people, so don’t even think about putting that crap in your cart! Load up on shrimp, lobster, steak, fancy-looking birthday cakes, and organic items. Also, it’s okay to purchase large amounts of junk food; the cashiers (and the nosy customers in line behind you) want to know that their tax dollars are being well spent. Grab a few bags of Spicy Hot Cheetos and a case or two of Pepsi. Don’t forget the Oreos
- After you’ve selected everything that you want/need, it’s time to have a little fun. Start selecting items that are not eligible to be purchased with food stamps; “hot” foods such as the roasted chicken from the deli or a cup of cappuccino (which you should be drinking when you reach the register to pay) from the coffee bar. Make your way towards the household items, and load up on paper towels, toilet paper, and feminine products. Bonus points for selecting your favorite wine and a pack of cigarettes!
- Walk slowly towards the checkout; you don’t want to overexert yourself by pushing such a heavy cart! Set a few items on the conveyor belt, and then stop to answer your cell phone (it better be a Blackberry, iPhone, or Sidekick). Ignore the dirty looks from the cashier and other customers. Who do they think they are, the Line Police? They can wait.
- Ask the cashier what they are doing this weekend. If they say they will be working (and 99% of the time, that’s the response you will get; cashiers are rarely lucky enough to score a Monday through Friday, 8a.m.-5p.m. schedule), act horrified. Announce that you are having THE party of the year, and were hoping they could make it. Sigh loudly and exclaim that you are soooooo happy that you don’t have a job.
- Act completely shocked when the cashier informs you that toilet paper and alcohol are not eligible for food stamp purchases. Stomp your feet, throw a hissy fit, and scream that you’re sick of people disrespecting you just because you’re on EBT. Insist that the LAST time you went grocery shopping, your items were all approved. Demand to see a manager. When the manager arrives, ignore him while you answer your phone again.
- When the cashier asks if you have any coupons, laugh loudly and say, “Girl, please! I’m on EBT…everything in my basket is already free!”. Make sure she notices your Coach bag.
- Encourage the cashier to hurry up and finish your transaction. Inform her that you are getting your hair and nails done, and CANNOT be late. Moan that your French tips are looking all raggedy, even though you just got them done last week
- Ask if a bagger can help you carry your groceries to the car. Explain that you’ve had a busy day of lounging by the pool and watching Maury. Be sure to whine that your new Jimmy Choos are KILLING your feet.
- When the cashier attempts to hand you your receipt and thank you for your purchase, make sure you’re too busy yapping on your phone to notice. Loudly scream to all of the children you brought that it’s time to go. Breathe a sigh of relief when you remember that you bought plenty of frozen dinners; the grocery store wears you out. You are WAY too tired to cook tonight.